After months of design, community engagement, and preparation, construction got started at Neal Math and Science Academy! The team has started “mobilization”, which is the important phase of construction that includes getting the site ready to begin digging and building.
What Can You Expect?
About the Construction Schedule
- On site construction activities began the week of March 8
- Students will move in to the new building in Fall of 2022
- The old building will be demolished and the landscape will be complete by Fall of 2023
About the Construction Site
- Fencing along Kristian and 20th street will begin being installed the week of March 8th
- There will be a construction entrance on Kristian Ave. where construction vehicles will enter and exit the construction site
- Construction personnel have been instructed not to park along Kristian.
- Construction personnel will not be entering or exiting the site daily, from 7:30-8:45am and 3:15-4 pm to allow school traffic flow
For More Information
- We are committed to communicating all construction updates and information prior to activities and major milestones
- For questions, comments, or concerns please contact Ebony Wilson, Family and Community Liaison for the School District at firstname.lastname@example.org or 224-469-8332
These signs help the school community navigate the site safely:
Stay tuned for more updates as construction progresses.