Learn more about employment opportunities, including an opportunity to work on the new Neal Math & Science Academy redevelopment project in North Chicago. Contractors will be present to meet individuals interested in working on new Neal. Information regarding apprenticeship programs will also be available.
Wednesday, April 14 2021 10AM
For more information and registration:
Please join North Chicago School District 187, IFF, as well as JGMA Architects, Gilbane Building Company/Bowa Construction and Blackwood Group, at the third construction/job opportunities fair for the Neal Math and Science Academy Redevelopment Project. This is the continuation of meetings in a series that are for those in the construction field interested in getting engaged in the project.
This session will discuss in detail Bid Release 3 which will consists of the following scopes of work:
The fair will be held on March 30, 2021 from 11AM-12PM CST. Click here to register.
After months of design, community engagement, and preparation, construction got started at Neal Math and Science Academy! The team has started “mobilization”, which is the important phase of construction that includes getting the site ready to begin digging and building.
What Can You Expect?
About the Construction Schedule
- On site construction activities began the week of March 8
- Students will move in to the new building in Fall of 2022
- The old building will be demolished and the landscape will be complete by Fall of 2023
About the Construction Site
- Fencing along Kristian and 20th street will begin being installed the week of March 8th
- There will be a construction entrance on Kristian Ave. where construction vehicles will enter and exit the construction site
- Construction personnel have been instructed not to park along Kristian.